Paraprofessionals (Instructional Assistants) as per PDE regulations must be "highly qualified". This requires a high school diploma, completions of two years of college or an associate degree or passes a state or local academic assessment. These requirements apply only to paraprofessionals who provide instructional support in Title I targeted assistance programs funded with Title I funds and all paraprofessionals providing services in a school wide Title I program. The William Penn School District has a school wide Title I program.
William Penn School District is no longer accepting paper applications for Instructional Assistant employment. William Penn’s application process is now online, and we invite you to apply electronically via https://williampenn.schoolrecruiter.net/index.aspx
Follow the simple instructions to complete your application and create a user name and password. You will need your user name and password whenever you log on to complete, or update your application file.
If your application is under consideration for a vacancy in your area of certification, you will be contacted by William Penn School District. When appearing for an interview, please bring with you the following materials:
1. Letter of interest with resume
2. Transcript of record as undergraduate/graduate student
3. A list of three reference contacts who have first-hand knowledge of your work in education
4. Current Act 34 PA Criminal Record Check
5. Current Act 114 FBI Criminal Clearance (Fingerprinting)
6. Current Act 151 PA Child Abuse History Clearance
7. Other materials that you feel would be helpful in evaluating your candidacy
Another way to introduce yourself to the William Penn School District and gain actual school experience is through various substitute opportunities. If you are interested, be sure to contact Substitute Teacher Services at 610-566-6466 or (800)357-7827 or visit http://www.thesubservice.com/