What is the Gazette?
The Penn Wood Gazette is the newspaper for both campuses. We publish 6 issues a year, roughly once a month. We cover all events for the high school and some community events as well.
Get to know our StaffClick here: Staff Bios
Jobs At the Newspaper
Anyone can be a writer; we always need more writers. You do not have to write an article for every issue, but you need to contribute at least 4-5 articles a year. We have articles that we need to be covered every issue, but you can also suggest ideas for articles. Please get your article approved before writing it.
We only need two-three photographers in each building. We do not have a camera to lend you, but you may use your own camera or your phone. If you attend any school event take pictures and send them to us in a timely manner so that they can be added to the paper. We will have pictures that will need to be taken, but you can also submit any pictures of a school event.
We are looking for at least one student editor per building. This position is something you can put on your college application. You would need to help assemble the paper, assist in layout, come up with article ideas, and then edit for grammar.
We need students who are willing to help us fold and count out the newspapers for homeroom distribution. This will be done before or after school, or during homeroom.
Rules for Newspaper Members
- You must contribute at least 4-5 articles/photographs during the year to be considered a member.
- You must correspond through email or the Google classroom to inform us about articles/photographs your plan to contribute.
- You must sign up for Google classroom, see below for more details.
- Attendance at meetings is not mandatory but is appreciated.
- You can attend meetings at either building.
- Cypress meets the second Tuesday of the month in room 304.
- Green meets the third Monday of the month in room 200.
How to Contribute
If email does not work for you, you can stop by with a flash drive or post to the Google Classroom.
If you do not have access to a flash drive, we have a limited number that we can lend you. You would need to fill out a form in order to borrow one of the flash drives. Please take the form if you are interested, it is first come first serve.
You need to sign up for classroom to receive important announcements and assignments. After seeing Mrs. Tischler or Ms. Grimaldi for the classroom code to sign up you can go to:
Password: studentIDwp (example 55555wp)