The following is a list of documents required for registration. Only original documents are accepted, and exceptions cannot be made.
1) Evidence of Immunization: The Pennsylvania Department of Health regulations require the exclusion from Pennsylvania Schools of any student who does not meet the following minimum immunization requirements:
- Four or more doses of properly spaced Diphtheria and Tetanus (DTP, DTaP, Td, or DT vaccine) -one dose administered on or after the fourth birthday.
- Three doses of Polio vaccine.
- Two properly spaced doses of live Measles vaccine. The first dose must be administered after 12 months of age (or blood test showing immunity). A second dose of the measles vaccine, preferably given as MMR (measles, mumps and rubella) is required.
- One dose of Rubella (German measles) vaccine after 12 months of age (or blood test showing immunity).
- One dose of Mumps vaccine after 12 months of age (or blood test showing immunity).
- Three doses of Hepatitis B vaccine, the first two doses given one month apart and the third dose six months after the first dose.
- Two doses of Varicella (Chicken pox) immunization: Date of Varicella disease and vaccine-one dose of Varicella vaccine administered at 12 months of age through 12 years of age; or two doses of Varicella vaccine administered at age 13 years or after.
- One dose of Meningococcal Conjugate Vaccine (MCV): Dose must be administered once for students in Grades 7-12
2) Tuberculin Testing: Routine tuberculin testing is not required for enrollment to school. Tuberculin testing may be required if a student is in a high risk group (as defined by the Centers for Disease Control) for contracting tuberculosis.
3) All foreign-born students must have a complete physical by an American doctor and a recent negative TB test. If the TB test is positive, you will need to have a clear chest x-ray.
4) Proof of Residency: William Penn School District must be certain that the parent/guardian's residence, with whom the child lives, is located in Aldan, Colwyn, Darby, East Lansdowne, Lansdowne or Yeadon boroughs. Any of the following documents will verify your residency:
- A signed lease in your name
- A copy of the deed, mortgage book, Real Estate, or School Tax Bill in your name
6) Evidence of place and date of birth: (one of the following must be presented)
- Birth Certificate, Baptismal Certificate, or Passport
8) IEP if applicable. Completion of Physical Examination Form (exam by private physician) on entrance to school (Kg or grade 1), in grade 6 and grade 11. The exam must be done within the school year for which it is required.
9) Completion of Pupil Registration Form:
If you are the custodial parent, guardian, or foster parent, please present documentation of custody, court, or placing agency verification.